What is back pain?
The problem with back pain is that conventional doctors treat as a physical pain. Why is this a problem? Because it can't be identifid with a test or imaging study. Conditions commonly linked to back pain include: Muscle or ligament strain. Repeated heavy lifting or a sudden awkward movement may strain back muscles and spinal ligaments. Jung Shim take a look at another cause of back pain that is very often overlooked.
Back Pain and our Emotions
Depression and back pain have been closely linked in many studies over the past few years and we will look at this in our next blog. But how can emotions affect your back?
Emotions affect the flow of energy in our body and an excess of negative emotions such as anxiety can block the flow of energy (or Qi). When this happens, there is often pain and discomfort which is telling you that something is wrong.
Back Pain and Qi
9 ways that qi or 'human energy' may be affected so as to cause lower back pain
1. Poor diet can affect Qi. But even after eating well and resting, we still feel drained of energy.
2. Chronic illness can leave us feeling depleated in 'human energy'.
3. Busy lives and being overworked can lead to prolonged stress and anxiety. This affect our levels of Qi.
4. Hereditory weakness which can be addressed through ancestor healing.
5. General aging can affect our Qi which naturally declines.
6. A weak immune system which is susceptible to external forces such as cold, damp or excess heat can be as a result of low Qi and specifically affect our lower back.
7. Repetitive strain on the back can lead to blockages which impedes the flow of Qi.
8. An excess of the emotions such as fear and anxiety prevent free flowing Qi and often results in pain.
9. Bad posture results in bad habits for our back and the general flow of Qi. It is like building a dam around our natural flow. We will address exercises for back pain over the next few weeks.
How to help the flow of Qi
You can start with a chunsoo treatment and energy assessment. An energy treatment will detoxify and recharge the body whilst calming the mind. These treatments have many benefits and allow our practitioners to do an energy assessment. From their understanding they can then create a personalised energy plan to you restore your ‘human energy’ levels and help alleviate any energy blockages.
About Jung Shim
Jung Shim means ‘beautiful mind’. At our Jung Shim Centres our aim is to help people recharge the body and clear the mind to regain our health and wellbeing.
We offer energy treatments, energy classes as well as lifestyle advice all designed to help recharge you human energy.